Tuesday 29 January 2008

Loot Reaver?

I am currently trying to progress through the PvE content with a guild called Gambit, it could be going better, but things are looking up. It was formed by a member of my old guild who was frustrated at the lack of progress and he is now our main tank and raid leader. I felt the time was right to move on because I felt like I had a better chance with raid progress with this new guild. So far the only advance in content has been downing the 2nd Zul'Aman boss Jan'alai but I am happy with that for now. As you know attempts have been made at The Lurker Below.

My previous guild was called The Scarlet Knights who are all great people and players. I try to keep in contact with many of them and I wish them all the best with whatever they do. My time there was a lot more stress free than in Gambit, the guild was much more settled. Gambit is only about 3 weeks old and there is a lot of movement of players in and out of the guild, it doesn't have the friendly family atmosphere I enjoyed in SK.

Anyway, on with the news, after the recruitment of a new tank who was saved in SSC with the guild he came from, we decided to venture into new territory, The Eye. It was nice to have a break from wiping on Lurker and good to be able to start breaking into the stacks of Free Mana Pots i'd been hoarding in my bank. The trash went ok, lots of deaths and a wipe on the groups before Void Reaver and our resto druid got lucky with some new gloves dropping from a random mob. No such luck for me.

Onto Void Reaver, we had 4 or 5 attempts, my performance wasn't great, a couple of early deaths on the first runs. The ranged dps and healers were stood in groups around the boss and if an Arcane Orb was incoming we were to move backwards until it was safe. On a couple of goes I tried moving from side to side so I was still in range to dps but was having trouble seeing and avoiding the orbs. Dps was dieing early and he was reset a few times because we weren't going to make the enrage limit of 10 minutes. I finally got round to installing a new addon to allow me to increase how far I can zoom out, which is extremely handy on a cluttered screen and helped a lot with being able to see where the Arcane Orbs were going. All moving back as a group worked well and on our final attempt all went smoothly... until our elemental shaman pulled aggro and VR ran about causing havoc, making it hard for everyone to avoid the Arcane Orbs and heal or dps. There was also a Pain Suppression thrown in on one of the tanks somewhere from one of our holy priests who was keeping quiet about being specced for PvP and didn't realise it had a threat reduction effect. I was happy with my dps on the runs where I survived for more than a couple of minutes and I have the Arcane Orb avoiding sorted now.

I enjoyed our time in The Eye and on our best run we managed to get him to 4%! A little dissapointing but very promising, we now have two bosses that we know we are capable of getting down soon, I think Void Reaver will be our focus for now seeing as we came so close, which is ok by me, the loot is nicer :)

Watch out Void Reaver! You are going down!

Fuzz


Look how far I can zoom out now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are using Big Wigs (or DBM) timers they will announce if you are receiving an orb by /say. Having the chat bubbles turned on gives you a highly visible indicator, then all you need is to move 20 yds, you should be safe. It is a tricky fight and since the last patch we noticed that he seems a little more touchy when it comes to caster aggro. Not really sure what has changed if anything.
Good luck!