Friday 25 January 2008

For The Horde!

Who's that handsome chap? Meet Zuff, he is my latest project, my new mage. I created him for the purpose of levelling him and being able to blog about my experiences while doing so.

When I came to World of Warcraft I joined the Alliance on a PvP server because that was where a few people I know in real life were playing, however since I started they have all stopped playing. From playing Warcraft II and III I knew about the various races in game and I always preferred the Horde races. My favourite race is Taurens, followed by Orcs then Gnomes and Dwarfs. I don't care much for Human, Night Elf, Undead or Belf characters. I decided to roll a male Troll mage on EU-Hellfire a non PvP server. I picked a simple looking bald and tusked Troll, that I thought was going to be a dark greenish colour from the character creation screen. However when I got into the game he turned out bright blue! I didn't realise this till at least level 5, at which point I didn't feel like starting again, so he is blue... very blue.

This will allow me to get a very different experience from when I levelled my Gnome. I'll get to see the Horde side of the game and not have to worry about being ganked. I can get ganked whenever I want on Kor'gall so I don't think I'll miss playing on a PvP server at all. I levelled my first mage to 70 with most of my talent points spent in the fire tree, but I plan on broadening my view of mages by levelling frost and possibly experimenting with arcane/fire or arcane/frost builds while I level.

I chose a Troll because I prefer them to Blood Elves and Undead, even though many people believe the Undead have superior racials, I look forward to trying out the Berserking Troll racial. Which I imagine to be similar to the Icy Veins talent I have recently been enjoying on my gnome.

I have so far levelled him to 10 and will be posting about my experience doing so shortly.

Fuzz

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having recently rolled a troll mage myself I am looking forward to reading about your adventures and antics.

What zones are you leveling in?

Fuzzbip said...

Well so far I've gone from 1-10 in the Troll starting area and Durotar. I'll be exploring the Barrens and after that I'm not sure. Any you recommend that have lots of horde specific quests? Or any with particularly fun/interesting/lore filled quests?
Thanks for your comment

Padewan said...

If you've never experience Barrens Chat...everyone should at least once!

The quests in the Barrens will send you to many different zones including Silverpine so you will get to see a lot of the Horde side of things.