Saturday 26 January 2008

2nd Lurker Attempt


Today our guild had a second go at the Lurker below.

My job was to stay on one of the platforms and dps the boss, then sheep one of the adds that appear when the boss submerges. I managed to do this successfully on all the of the 3 or 4 attempts. I got hit once by spout but apart from that I think I have the boss sussed.

Our best attempt was a meager 47% :( People were dieing from spouts and adds, not a fun raid all in all. We did have Wildfury Greatstaff drop from trash for a second time in two runs, our best druid tank gladly recieved it. We should be able to get the Lurker down next time we go, but I'm not too hopeful. The guild is only a few weeks old and it's not quite stable at the minute.

Fuzz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A simple bit of advice is to make sure that all the melee on the main island jumps into the middle during a spout phase, this maintains DPS as he can be hit safely underwater.
Also, every time you enter the water you are hit for 500 dmg but if you stay in it's 500 / 3 secs. Don't jump around!

Good Luck!

Fuzzbip said...

I think that is what the melee have been doing, and I know not to jump up and down in the water, I was happy with my performance, next time I'll be even better. Hopefully enough people will have got the strategy sorted to down him sometime soon.

Thanks again for commenting.

Fuzzbip