Wednesday 30 January 2008

Blog Azeroth: Shared Topic


If you haven't already been on Blog Azeroth, it is basically a forum for WoW bloggers, to advertise your blog as well as to pick up tips on improving blogs. It is also where the few people who have visited my blog would have come from. Thanks Blog Azeroth!

Anyway, one of the posters Siha came up with the idea of shared topics for bloggers to write about. Everyone agreed it was a great idea, which lead to the first question posed to WoW bloggers everywhere.

What do you enjoy about the class you play the most?

Obviously the class I play most is the mage, but what about them makes me tick?

I ended up with a mage as my main after levelling a dwarf Paladin to about 15 or 16, followed by a nelf Hunter to level 26. After that I didn't play any other class till a while after reaching 70 on my mage. I'm not entirely sure what was right about the class that allowed me to stick with it from 1-70 without ever feeling I should reroll.

My main focus with Fuzzbip is raiding at the moment, so what I enjoy most is optimising my dps. I enjoy improving my gear, every slight increase in crit or spell damage I can get while staying hit capped makes me happy. I enjoy running around in raids trying to get as many fireballs off as I can, making sure my scorch debuff is up, managing my mana and trinkets/cooldowns, all to do the best I can and help the raid towards it's goal. I realise I could do something similar to this with any class, but I know my mage well, I know what I'm doing, it feels right and most of all, it feels good.

I enjoy never having to worry about running out of water or food, I like the freedom of being a mage, not being governed by the cooldown on my hearthstone, being able to go to any major city whenever I feel the need to. I enjoy slowfalling whenever the need arises, slowfall has a relaxing feeling to it. I like being valuable to a group, bringing reliable CC and buffs that make the class in demand for heroic runs, making it easy to get a group for one if I desire.

So that's what I enjoy about my class most at the moment. Sometimes I wish I'd rolled a class that was able perform more than one role, but I'm happy to leave that to my druid now (Still stuck at 64)

Fuzz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best thing about being a Mage is the travel benefits! ;)

Fuzzbip said...

Absolutely, as an engineer I get it even better :) With Area 52 and Winterspring teleports and my hearthstone set to Gadgetzan there's nowhere I can't get to within a couple of minutes.