Saturday 9 February 2008

Macrotastic!

Just thought I'd share some of the few macros I use with you. I don't use many macros but they can be very useful and I'm sure there are more out there that I will find and wonder how I ever did without. These few are mage specific.

Since the introduction of patch 2.3 and the great change to Mana Emeralds, like me you may have been frustrated about having to find and destroy a gem with used charges before a boss fight, to conjure a new one with 3 charges. Try this:

/run for i=0,4 do for j=1,GetContainerNumSlots(i)do if(GetContainerItemLink(i,j)or''):find("Mana Emerald")then PickupContainerItem(i,j)return DeleteCursorItem()end end end
/cast Conjure Mana Emerald

This will destroy your current Mana Emerald and conjure a new one with one click, excellent!

Need to get off a quick spell interrupt, the following will make sure you never miss one, before I used this I'd be jumping to cancel my current spell casting whenever I needed to interrupt, much easier with a macro. It basically cancels whatever you are doing to immediately interrupt.

#showtooltip Counterspell
/stopcasting
/cast counterspell

The '#showtooltip' part of the macro just means that the usual spell tooltip will appear on mouseover of the macro button.

It's extremely handy to have a macro for sheeping in raids and instances.

#showtooltip
/clearfocus [mod:ctrl]
/stopmacro [mod:ctrl]
/focus [mod:alt]
/stopmacro [mod:alt]
/cast [target=focus,nodead,harm][]Polymorph

Using the alt key with this macro will set your focus to your current target, ctrl will clear your focus. Once your focus is set you can click the macro to sheep your focused mob without having to change your target. So you can be targetting the mob you are dpsing and if your sheep breaks or needs renewing simply press the macro to resheep. No trouble retargetting the mob amongst several other mobs and your group members. It may be confusing setting and clearing your focus at first but you should get used to it.

That's all the mage specific macros I use at the moment, but feel free to enlighten me on others I should be using.

Fuzz

1 comment:

Lin said...

I've been meaning to find the macro to destroy the old mana emerald. Thank you! I'll definitely be adding that to my ever growing list of macros (half of which I don't end up using, for they are more for roleplaying than anything).

As for the /stopcast... A must have that I have been too lazy to get. >_> Will be priceless on Aran, when I have to block something during a flame wreath, and I can't jump...

[ You have no idea how long I've looked for a mage blog. Kudos to you! ]