Thursday 14 February 2008

Blog Azeroth: How did you come up with your characters names?


Here's the latest shared topic from Blog Azeroth which I could make into a two sentance post, but instead I'll witter on for as long as I can. Enjoy! As always visit the forum to find other people's views on the topic.

When I logged in for the first time ever, roughly one year ago, I created a Dwarf Paladin (he made it to 21 but is now deleted) and I named him 'Takan', this was a variation on the name Taka that I like, simple as that. He made it level 16 or so before I rerolled a nelf hunter . My hunter I named 'Tarka' :S similar to Takan, but also the name of an otter :) I tend to sit at the creation screen and type random names that pop into my head until I like one. (My hunter made it to about 25 before I rerolled, he was 27 when I deleted him, realising he was the definition of the word Huntard!)

At some point while playing I somehow decided gnomes were cool and I rolled my mage, I wanted a silly gnome name, and 'Fuzzbip' was just what I came up with. I like my name because most people just call me 'Fuzz', the name is suitably cute as well.

When I rolled my druid (who is now 68! Which is why I may have been slacking on posting, also my monitor broke and I didn't have access to a computer for a few days)
I named her 'Zuff', I simply reversed Fuzz, I like this name as well. I used it for my lowbie troll mage as well. I've had many other variations on Fuzz; 'Fuzzo' my shaman, 'Slyfuzz' was a rogue I had, and 'Fuzzbane' was my warlock who is now retired to bank alt status (if only I'd named him Fuzzbank!)

Other names I have had are Dralexi, Lotifa, Reptilian, Ziljaen, Varnax, Alloria, Zakenji, Zakov (maybe he's russian), Kryptika (for my new lock, I think it suits a lock), Henri (human paladin, suitably normal for a human), Boppit (lol, silly name, but you gotta love Boppit). That's all I can remember as I type. A lot of the time I don't really have good reasoning for my naming, but I like what I come up with sometimes and if I don't I tend to delete them. As long as you play a character for a long time and enjoy playing it, you should find you grow to like your name as you grow to enjoy the character you are playing.

Fuzz

No comments: